|4 días y 3 noches|
Grecia (Epidauros, Olympia, Delphi, Kalambaka, Atenas)
Prehistory, the Classical period, Roman domination, the Byzantine Empire, the Crusades and Modern times: Greece through the centuries will unfold before you on this four day tour.
Dep: 08:00 - Ret:19:00 (4th day) approx.
Pick up from your hotel in Athens city center. Please specify hotel name & address
1) Entering to the Monasteries an appropriate dressing is needed, for ladies a skirt and for gentlemen long trousers.
2) We would like to inform you that according to Government’s law, from 1/1/2018 guests shall be required to pay directly to the hotel an “accommodation tax”, per overnight, per room. This tax goes directly to the state and the Hotel and/or travel agents have no interference. Hotel guests shall be requested to pay the accommodation tax directly to the hotel and is not included in our given rate.
Athens – Epidaurus – Nafplio – Mycenae – Olympia
Depart from Athens for the Corinth canal (short stop). Drive to Epidaurus and visit its renowned Ancient theatre, world famous for its outstanding acoustics. Proceed to Nauplia, also known as Nafplio (short stop) and then arrive to Mycenae passing by the plain of Argos. We visit the archaeological site of Mycenae and the famous Tomb of Agamemnon. In the afternoon (optional stop for souvenirs) depart for Olympia, the birth place of the Olympic Games. Overnight stay in Olympia
Olympia – Patras – Delphi – Arachova
We start our day by visiting the archaeological site of Ancient Olympia with the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of Hera, the altar of the Olympic flame, the Stadium and the archaeological museum. Later on, we depart via Partas (short stop) to Rion and we cross the Corinthian bay by the bridge to Antirion. We pass by the city of Nafpaktos driving along the coastal road to Delphi, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. In the afternoon, we visit the picturesque mountain village of Arachova. Overnight stay in Delphi.
Delphi – Kalambaka
In the morning, we visit the archaeological site and the Museum of Delphi. Later on, we depart for Kalambaka via Central Greece (short stop by Lamia). Overnight stay in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks and crowned by the Meteora Monasteries.
Kalambaka – Meteora – Athens
We depart in the morning for nearby Meteora to visit the renowned Byzantine Monasteries of Meteora
(to enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required: ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves; men are not allowed to wear shorts). After marveling the Meteora Rocks, we return to Athens passing the heroic monument of Leonidas of Sparta at Thermopylae.
- Entrance fees
- Transport by luxury bus
- Hotel pick up service
- Services of a Professional and Licensed guide
- Breakfast and dinner at the hotel (Half Board basis)
- Hotel accommodation based on your choice (3*/4*)
- All taxes